Introduction: The Modern Co-working Space
It is a growing trend for companies to establish a physical space for their employees to access the Internet, collaborate with other members, and learn from each other.
Existing co-working spaces include big brands like WeWork, Industrious, and IWG, as well as many smaller niche players that are localized to their communities.
Co-working spaces have been used as an effective way to encourage innovation among employees and increase employee retention while reducing absenteeism. Many co-working spaces are available in both cities around the United States and online. Let’s get into it below!
Culture and Community
A coworking space provides opportunities for workers to connect with others in their field and build professional relationships, leading to increased collaboration and innovation.
- A great way to build community and collaboration is through events, sharing, and collaboration.
- The community can be built through shared values and beliefs.
- A community can be built through a shared workspace.
Access to Resources & Services
In addition to the usual perks of a co-working space, you’ll also want to look at how easy it is for you and your team to access all kinds of resources, services, and facilities.
Here are some things that we think are important:
- Access to conference rooms (with high-speed internet access)
- Access to meeting rooms in case there's an impromptu meeting with clients or colleagues who need somewhere quiet outside of their office space.
- Phone booths so people can use their own phones rather than relying on their' network coverage (if available).
- Copy/printing services - handy when sending out documents or making copies of presentations etc., but also good if someone needs something printed out quickly!
Amenities and Amenity Spaces
The best co-working communities will have all their memberships include access to common areas such as lobbies, cafés, meeting rooms, showers, and laundry facilities. These features are useful for networking and business development purposes – especially if you don’t know where else in town might offer similar services at a lower price point!
Standard amenities of a coworking space might include:
- Meeting Rooms: Coworking spaces often have meeting rooms available for rent by the hour or day, providing a professional and private space for meetings and presentations.
- Lounge and Breakout Areas: Coworking spaces typically have lounge and breakout areas, providing a place for members to relax and socialize.
- Printing and Scanning Facilities: Many coworking spaces offer printing, scanning, and other office facilities, such as fax machines, for the convenience of its members.
- Kitchen and Refreshments: Coworking spaces often have a kitchen area with coffee, tea, and other refreshments available for members.
- Lockable Storage: Coworking spaces usually provide lockable storage for members to store their belongings securely.
- Event Spaces: Many coworking spaces offer event spaces for members to host workshops, presentations, and other events.
- Flexible Workspace Options: Coworking spaces offer a variety of flexible workspace options, such as private offices, shared desks, and hot desks, to accommodate the varying needs of members.
- Reception Services: Coworking spaces often have a receptionist to greet guests and provide support to members.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: A coworking space is typically cleaned regularly and well-maintained, providing a professional and comfortable environment for its members.
Location is one of the essential factors in choosing a co-working space. The location should be near public transportation, restaurants, and other services such as banks and post offices. If you work from home or have no office space at all, then choose an area with easy access to public transit so that you can quickly get to meetings or client meetings without having to drive yourself or pay for parking fees.
Downtown Durham is a great place for co-working because it has many amenities such as parks, museums, galleries and shops where members can hang out after work hours until dinner time when they stop by local restaurants before heading back home again afterwards!
Cost and Flexible Pricing Options
When it comes to finding a co-working space, you have two main options: private offices or shared office space. The cost of both varies greatly depending on the size of your needs and what amenities are included in the package.
Private offices are more expensive than co-working spaces because they offer more amenities and privacy than shared areas. They also tend to be larger than other options due to their higher costs for furnishings and equipment such as printers, desks, conference rooms and so forth (which can add up quickly). Private offices can range anywhere from $500-$2500 per month depending on location and features offered by the building owner/manager; however most people find that these prices will be much lower if they negotiate directly with their landlord instead of going through an agent like ourselves!
A good co-working space should offer both flexibility and community.
- The space should be flexible enough to accommodate a variety of work styles and needs.
- The space should have a strong sense of community and culture.
- The space should be located in an area convenient for most members, such as downtown Durham, where there is plenty of traffic and foot traffic on weekends (especially during lunch break).
- If you're looking for an affordable option, look at co-working spaces that offer flexible pricing options so you don't have to pay more than what it costs to rent an office space elsewhere!
In conclusion, the modern co-working space provides a flexible and collaborative environment for businesses and individuals looking for a workspace. With a variety of amenities such as meeting rooms, lounge areas, printing facilities, event spaces, and flexible workspace options, co-working spaces offer a cost-effective solution for those in need of a physical workspace. In addition, a co-working space provides opportunities for workers to connect with others in their field and build professional relationships, leading to increased collaboration and innovation.
It is important to choose a co-working space that is located in a convenient area and offers flexible pricing options, as well as a strong sense of community and culture. Whether you're looking to rent a private office or a shared workspace, a co-working space can offer you the resources and services you need to be productive and successful.
If you enjoyed these 5 things to consider when choosing a CoWorking or Private Office Community, you’ll want to consider reading over our next blog, 5 Steps to Choosing the Right Corporate Event Venue in the Greater Triangle Region of North Carolina.
When planning any corporate event (whether a conference, training seminar, holiday social, or team-building workshop), choosing the right venue is one of the primary tasks–and our next blog has 5 critical times for choosing the right corporate event venue in the triangle region. This simple step-by-step guide helps to identify the perfect venue for your upcoming corporate event in the greater triangle region. Check it out using the link here.